Thursday, June 5, 2014

Mother of all acts

These guys were the talk of the town. They were my classmates.Sometimes it is evident from one's mannerism that a person will go on and become famous one day.That saying could be applied to these guys.

I was about eight years of age when  I first met them. It did not take me long to fall prey to their charms.As I came to know more about them I was intrigued even further.

However my joy was short lived. They had to leave the school as they couldn’t continue any more.

Then one fine day I met their mother. Ajay and Vijay were conjoined twins. Their medical condition was such that they could not survive long. They were aware of their short lifespan and hence devoted their short life in service and kindness.


But their mother’s single act of kindness outdid everything that these guys did.She donated all of their organs to help many others who were born without them.

6 comments:

Anand Tambey said...

Good one, RJ...short post yet an huge act of kindness:)

Mayura said...

Wonderful !! :)

Ninad said...

Short but powerful :)
Nice Rakesh :)

RJ said...

Thanks Anand for the kind words :)

RJ said...

Thanks Mayura :)

RJ said...

Thank you Ninad :)