Thursday, November 10, 2011

Maths and Science


If you happen to see a kid getting scolded for not doing well in Maths ,you are welcome to India.Mathematics is one subject every parent wants their child to be good at it.Though the child scores exceptionally in literature and other subjects if he/she doesn't do well in Maths then he is treated as a dull student.

Times have slowly changed now as more parents have encouraged their children to do well in sports,music,art and literature.I was lucky to have a teacher in my Mom.It was her who encouraged me to take part in painting competitions ,essay writing,dance and debates.The fun part was I never did well in debates as I found that I could never mug the content or contradict the opinion of others.Everybody in school thought that I would become an artist or a painter.However later on in my career I was fascinated by the numbers and science.The result - I finished up doing my engineering.I have no regrets that I chose this way.

I still have the souvenirs,prizes and certificates from school.When I open the folder containing the certificates I can still remember each occasion,giving me immense pride and satisfaction.I gaze up and speak to myself " One day ..yes one day I am going to paint my masterpiece".

3 comments:

Akshatha Nagaiah B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akshatha Nagaiah B said...

ha ha it was reverse in my case...:) i never showed any interest in music or stage performances in my childhood....;) only thing i did was paintings.....which also has faded away nowadays....:(

RJ said...

hmm ..sometimes its easy to let go of our past interest..but the sweet memories of our past still bring smiles in our lives :)