Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Me,Myself and My Mother

Ever since I was a kid..I had a fondness for the sound of the anklet. I loved to play with my Mom's anklet. The "Chan Chan" sound (okay there are other sounds as well) of the anklet would remind me that Mom was around and with her the warmth of affection.

One day she lost one of her anklets and I went crazy,looking all over the place and scolding my bro and sis for not helping me in the search. Finally I got it clinging to the bedside drawer. Gosh I wish somebody had clicked my pic at that time...It was as if I had got wings. I felt so proud and puffed my chest and upped my chin to give back the anklet to Mom. She gently stroked my hair and smiled. I still remember the smile she had on her face. I could spend my entire fortune for that.


Over the years I got over the fascination but Mom still remembered my childhoodisms.So last time when I took mom to a jewellery store, she deliberately asked for a pair of anklets.I told her..you told me we were going to buy some golden bangle..Why anklet then? ...She just smiled.That was it ...

2 comments:

Akshatha Nagaiah B said...

Good one...:) Reminds me of a Kannada song related to Mom....:)

RJ said...

glad that it turned out to be good :)

btw wat was the song ?